Thursday 26 November 2015

Rudolph Festivities

It is day 2 of the last Rudolph Days Challenge of 2015.  I have decided to post a Christmas card or Christmas project each day of this months challenge. You can enter the November Rudolph Days Challenge here.

Yesterday, I shared a card I made at Langley Stampers Club. It was designed by Joyce and she brought kits of supplies for us to make two cards each.  Today is the second card I made from Joyce's kit. As you can see, you cut the same die from two different glitzy colours.  You then cut mats and cards from these same two colours and make two cards that end up the opposite of each other.

Once we centured the die on a rectangle of red mirri and white Centura pearl card, we cleaned up the debris and attached each diecut to a snippet of double sided adhesive paper. We then poured glitter over the cut away filligree detailing, burnishing it with a spoon to make it stay in place.

Once finished, we then peeled the backing away from the back side of that filled and  burnished diecut, and affixed it to the opposite coloured mat.  We punched a half circle out of each corner and added three snowflakes.  We tied a see through ribbon around a mat of opposite colour and then mounted those onto a white card black.


Here is another view of yesterday's card so you can compare the two.  The same papers were used for each...I just took today's photo at night and the overhead ceiling lights affected the colour tones!


Can't wait to make more of these.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets



20 comments:

Liz said...

Another beautiful card. How different they look with the colours reversed. xx

Valerija said...

So elegant. Love this die cut.
Valerija

Kath said...

Great cards - I think today's card is my favourite as I love to see red on white at Christmas.
Kath x

Whisper said...

Oh WOW i love how you have made 2 cards - in reverse and both look absolutely stunning, luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

Very elegant cards! Love the bottom one as its white and looks like chocolate to me! Or is it just my poor eyesight?

Barb said...

I love your beautiful red Christmas boot. I couldn't choose my favourite. Barbxx

Sarn said...

LOVELY! Both colourways work so well!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Mo, such a beautiful die and the red and white is so elegant.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

These do look lovely Maureen. it's a gorgeous die. Carol x

rachel said...

beautiful work Mo - such a great die! Hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Still a fabulous image and another great card.

Kath x

April said...

These are wonderful! Love them!

Jean said...

Another fabulous card, it looks just as good this way round.
Jean x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what beautiful cards, and those boots are ace as well as your fab designs.
oh those were the days when we wore boots of a similar type
in the sixties.
No can do with those type of heels these days. LOL.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love these fabulous boots. It reminds me of when I could walk in heels like that lol :)

Marianne said...

Nothing better than a twofer, especially if they are looking so lovely.

KT Fit Kitty said...

These boot cards are so pretty! I like how you were able to use the negatives and make two cards! Sch fun to go to workshops - wish they still had them around here!

Craftychris said...

The die is awesome as are your cards! xxx

Pia S said...

I really like them both and how you used the negative cut parts as well. That's something I tend to forget as a possibility. They're striking and beautifully feminine.

Pat said...

This is another beautiful version using this pretty die Mo and just reversing the colours gives it a whole new look. So pretty and elegant. x