Saturday 6 June 2015

Di's die

I won this pretty poppy die from Di at Pixies Crafty Workshop. Di has a snippets challenge there that is a lot of fun.  We all have snippets lying about and it is great to make a card with them and get some of those pesky snippets used up!

I have cut out the poppies with a snippet of fairly heavy white card. I thought the heavy weight was the best choice as those slender branches could tear so easily. I used a piece of wax paper between the die and the piece of card and delicate as they are, those slender branches popped right out!


I coloured the poppies and the grassy hill with chalk as I wanted a very soft look., and I'm happy with how it turned out. I glued most of the poppy diecut onto a Spellbinders Parisian Accents die cut (left over from another project), but did pop dot a few random flower heads. Another snippet of pale pink card, a larger snippet of Heidi Grace DP placed over a tent fold card, and this card was done.

Sometimes a fast and fairly simple card is just what I need...

I am entering this card in Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

19 comments:

brenda said...

You might know Poppies are always a hit with me Mo, these are so delicate and the soft shading you have added really bring them to life.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Jane Willis said...

So very pretty - and what great use of the gorgeous die
Jane

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Maureen, love the soft chalky poppies
hugs Jo x

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the mat layer and your poppies are beautiful as well. I love how you colored them up with chalk, making it nice and soft looking. Great way to use up those snippets too! Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

I have never made a fast card - never. It seems that I always fun into something that I did not expect to happen. Your card is lovely!
Sandy xx

jimlynn said...

I use the wax paper a lot when cutting dies - it seems to work like magic! Love this beautiful card and the poppies against that die and color are so lovely. A beautiful, beautiful card.
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, lovely card, I love this die and you've used it to great advantage, hugs Kate x

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Maureen, your poppies are so delicate and look fabulous against the bright pink background.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

Snippets turned into a beautiful project. Good idea to color the die cut, I always forget that option...

Carol said...

This is very pretty Maureen. Carol x

Carol L said...

You really worked Di's die to it's full potential here Mo! It's a real beauty!

Sarn said...

Oh that is SOOO pretty Mo. You definitely achieved the delicate look you were going for.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

So good to see you using that lovely die Mo. A fabulous card and very wise to use the wax paper too.

I altered your names on the link entries :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful poppies. Always use wax paper on my dies and they always turn out a treat. Hugs Mrs A.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh goodness this is lovely. Beautiful card. Hugs, joann

Unknown said...

That poppy die is lovely. I really like the soft colors of the chalk. And that Spellbinder die is fabulous too. Great card.

Pat said...

I love your softly coloured and pretty poppies Mo and also the beautifully ornate die cut mat it is sitting on and all wonderfully complementary colours. x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous and I love these flowers.

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely charming - you've shown off that delicate die to perfection.
Alison xx