Thursday 11 December 2014

Holiday Season - Round II Card 44

I've been digging in the card kit boxes again...and found a partially finished card from about 10 years ago.
You are going to have a chuckle as the tag part of this card was made many, many years ago, at a mini class on "how to emboss".  I had never used versamark ink and embossing powder before, and I remember being so impressed! Oh...those were the days. We tried several different inks in that class...think this one might be black ink with iridescent powder.

I made a pocket to slide the sentiment tag into and then mounted that onto a 5x7 card base I cut from some heavy weight card. The ivory/greige card base does not quite match the tag...but C'est la vie".


I was lucky enough to have a snippet of matching ribbon to the one they used in class on the tag.  I guess the stapled ribbon would help date the tag as you all probably remember when staples were in style...lol
I added a Memory Box Bianca snowflake...just sort of tucked it behind the knot of the ribbon border.

Here is a photo showing all the sentiment words...


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty |Workshop - must use snippets.

PS  The word verification can be ignored methinks. Try ignoring it as I have been told that works.
I did not add it. Blogger is really playing up for me the past couple of days!

25 comments:

cotnob said...

This is such an elegant card, I love the colours and pocket design. You are so good using up all of your partially made bits.
Pauline
x

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Carol said...

You're definitely making the most of all these finds Maureen, love the colour combo here. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Maureen that is such a gorgeous snowflake, and your card is just lovely, hugs Kate x

Kathleen said...

Great to find an ancient card and make it become modern. Looks good.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Oh I remember the first time I saw embossing powder used. When the embossing gun was sooo expensive and they suggested you used a light bulb! I went back the following year and bought my first, and best Milwakee heat gun. My friend's baby was only a year old and he turned 20 yesterday. I do so wish I could get another one as it conked out 2 years ago and the replacement is not anywhere near as good.
Great card by the way. I do love the colours and format. Worth the wait.
Hugs
xx

Sharon said...

This is fabulous. I wouldn't dare post anything I made 10years ago - possibly because they were nowhere near as gorgeous as this. The embossing looks lovely and such a fabulous design.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with stashes of old card kit boxes lying around. I swear one of these days I'll be all caught up on them.

Just last night I received a Christmas card with this very greeting on the inside of it.

I like your card, the pocket styling is very nice and the overall look is quite elegant. Great job!

Jean said...

Well done for using more unfinished bits and pieces. I love that super snowflake.
Jean x

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Mo love how you have used the tag incorporated into the card design, excellent make.
hugs
lorraine x

Sandy said...

Your snowflake die really brings this cad into 2014. Well done.

Veerle said...

Very classy the black in combination with the wine red.
Gr Veerle

Pat said...

Well if this was made that long ago Mo you would never know it. Love that snowflake and ribbon and the colours of the card, and it's just great you are not wasting anything too. x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Maureen love the tag and beautiful snowflake. Susan x

Doreen said...

Love the design and fab colours.xxx

Viv said...

This is really cool Mo! I also remember calling embossing powder magic...I called the other half into the room to show him..'How clever' he said .... he was less impressed when I wafted the heat gun round and over the top of the lidless embossing powder............

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful and elegant Mo, I like the design the stamping and the snowflake
Kevin xx

Di said...

Wow Mo! Stunning card here - who would have thought it was started so long ago. And staples are back in vogue as well :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful card...I love that wonderful snowflake. Hugs, joann

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful Christmas card
luv
Debby

Pia S said...

Clean, simple and ultra elegant! Love those colors! Great tag design.

Sarn said...

WOW Mo . . . I really love this card. Fancy you keeping a made tag for 10 years! It has helped make a wonderful card! xxx

Bonnie said...

You have found the perfect home for this pretty tag! I remember the first time I embosssed! It was so exciting seeing the powder change. I still love seeing it!

Greta said...

Elegant & classy--love it!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm another one on whom the wonder of embossing never fades! LIke magic every time. Another lovely card...
Alison xx