Wednesday 5 November 2014

Rejoice - Round II Card 28

I am still working on using up that envelope of card kits I made up. Hope you are not getting too bored with them...

I want to get them all finished and put away in the finished cards boxes, as if I do not, then it is just one more thing that is a weird size to move. Although I do not need to start packing for a couple of months, I have started collecting boxes for the craft room. I need small boxes as everything in there is so darn heavy! Paper weighs so much as you all know!

So I have cleared a little spot and there is a tower of smallish boxes in varying sizes to suit my paper stash sizes. Bad enough needing so many different ones to fit 12x12 and 8x8 scrapbookpapers, 81/2 x 11 cardstock and the litany of embellies, flowers, brad, etc, etc. I have decided there will be no room for weird, odd sized things.

I sent a few days sorting everything this month and put all the wee odd bits into cardboard boxes from Michaels. They are shoebox sized and I tried to create more card kits from them. I had lots of dividers so set it up as one kit per divider. Anything not already filed in those shoeboxes needs made up of given away by January!

Enough waffle...here is my card for today. Used a vanilla tent fold base and added another of the red damask embossed card pieces. The green card is a swiss dot look EF and your probably remember the cream embossed snowflakes from my last post.


I went over the embossed design again with clear Wink of Stella and it has given that two toned faded shimmery look again. The Rejoice sentiment is a rub on...Bo Bunny methinks. It was from a huge kit of Bo Bunny supplies that my local scrapobook store had on an amazing special offer at the Xmas Open House last year. First time I have used it so a NBUS for sure!

It was hard to get a decent photo as I foolishly took the photo at night! Here is a bit of a closeup of the WOS on the cream embossed card. I know the photo is a bit blown, but i think you can still see the WOS shimmer...

A few gems from my stash to hilight the snowflake,s and a snippet of candy cane twine makes another Christmas card finished today!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
.

23 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,wonderful design and details.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen a lovely card, love the sentiment very elegant! Susan x

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,wonderful design.xxx

Veerle said...

Very lovely card.
And thank you for your comforting words on my In Memoriam blog post.
Veerle xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, such an elegant design.
I can't imagine having to pack up my craft room it would take at least 2 months!
Pauline
x

jimlynn said...

So beautiful. Love the embossing and the Wink pen always enhances cards. Lovely!!!!
Lynn

Carol said...

A beautiful card Maureen, love the sentiment stamp. You're being very organised and making good use of what you find. Carol x

Pia S said...

It must feel great to get rid of some of the stash, turning all these bits and bobs into treasures. This is lovely, a classic Christmas design.

Jean said...

A lovely traditional looking christmas card. The shimmer from the Wink of Stella looks good.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

This is a fabulous card Mo and good luck with the reduction in all your craft items and a great idea with the boxes.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

A very elegant card Mo, I like the stamping and the embossing
Kevin xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is full of so much gorgeousness Mo, the embossing is superb so is the sentiment and bird image, love the added twine.
hugs
lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and elegant Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Mo. Love the red and green shades you used.
Now when you finish sorting your room will you please come over and do mine?
Hugs
xx

Mary Jo said...

So pretty!!!
Love how you highlighted the snowflakes with the gems :)
I always have a hard time getting good photos of cards.

Di said...

Super card there Mo! You hit lucky with the rub-on and its accompanying kit didn't you!

Made me laugh about buying shutters for Christmas - protection against the kitten? :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
sounds like you have a mountain of boxes. lol.
You sound a very organized person.
Your card is very lovely, and I like the look the wink of stella gives it.
Love that Rejoice rub on it's so nice.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

This is simply a stunning card! Well done!

aussie aNNie said...

Super image, embossing and card.... fabulous design..xx
aNNie The Journey is the Start

Pat said...

Gosh you have been busy Mo and I love all your Christmas makes which I have just been looking back at. I love the red and brown RD baubles and that cute snowman, then the sweet silhouette winter wonderland and these pretty embossed snowflakes, and the sparkly WOS on there. What a great idea to make up little card kits from your leftover bits to try and make up before your move. x

Sassy Raggedy said...

I am loving reading how you are sorting and using all these things. Another wonderful card. What an inspiration you are to use up all my scraps. Hugs, joann

Tracy said...

Another pretty card.
I know how heavy paper can be.
When we moved here over 20 yrs ago, I packed my hard cover books in too big of boxes. Not realizing how heavy they were. I had to repack them in smaller boxes, teehee.

MaryH said...

Maureen, you are really getting super organized & I am in admiration of your thoughts on getting things sorted by a deadline - or else clearing out extraneous supplies. Good for you! I love your card. This is pretty swirled embossing and love your idea to add more glitz with the WoS. It's very pretty with the calligraphy sentiment and that dots ef went so well with the other pieces on this card to bring up all the colors. Not at all tired of seeing your kits! I think this is a fab way to get your stash organized & used up! TFS & Hugs