Monday 31 December 2012

Favourite Five of 2012

Happy New Year everyone...Just relaxing waiting for our guests to arrive in about an hour. Wanted to take this chance to say happy New Year to you all. May 2013 bring us all that we need.

I'm joining in on Debby's Favourite Five Cards of 2012.  If you want to play along, you can link up your favourite five too.  Link them up here at Debby's blog  A Scrap Journey  




I found it hard to pick mine. Sometimes I like a card simply because of the way it turns out, but sometimes I like it because something about it suits the individual I made it for. Keeping that in mind, here are my favourite five.

I just enjoyed the combination of  the feminine elements on this first one. You can find the original post here: http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.ca/2012/01/couple-of-cards-i-made.html
I enjoyed making the series of gardening cards...this one was my fave of that bunch. You can find the original post here:
I was pleased with the masculine feel of this next one...It was a gift for DH and quite fitting for a man making his living associated with the sea.. You can find the original post here:
http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-guy-card-for-stash.html
My journey into kraft papers and recycling coffee sleeves started with these bird cards. This one reminded me of my Dad who passed away at 92 years old. He raised  horses, was a great lover of nature and had wild geese follow him around on the farm and then return to him, yyear after year. He could spot a deer in the woods, a bird on a branch, an animal in trouble, or anything related to nature, before any man half his age. This ones for you Dad.
You can find the original post here: 

I enjoyed making this series so much I made a rosy coloured one for my Mum...that led to making a matching rose coloured bird tag and placing her gift in a rose coloured box. Pretty appropriate for a 
Mum named Rose. My Mum had a beautiful singing voice and gave me voice lessons as a child...I added a bit of musical note paper to her card.you can find the original post here:


9 comments:

Kristi said...

Love them! I can't pick a favorite,although I have a thing for birds!Thanks for stopping by recently, I appreciate your kind words and am following you now. Have a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Kristi

Pia S said...

Your selection of cards shows such a great variety of themes and styles!
1) A beautiful card! I love this style, both clean, soft and romantic!
2) You're so great at making garden(ing) cards!
3) I love the nautical theme, and this card is just fabulous, with the added texture and the metal charm!
4+5) A great combination of textures, bits and pieces beautifully put together. The sentiments work so well with the bird theme!

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards there Mo and nice to see I am not the only one who keeps the coffee sleeves!
Happy New Year to you and your family and I hope you have a very Healthy Year!
Hugs
xx

Diana Seal said...

Oh they are all adorable! But as you know I have a thing for birds. Both are just fabulous, I love how you used the corrugated cardboard, it gives it nice texture!
Have a Happy and Creative New Year!
Diana

Tracy said...

I hope you had an enjoyable evening with your friends.
All of your cards are wonderful.
I couldn't pick a favourite, they are all special in their own way.

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific array of card ! One of things I so like about your cards is your use of texture, you do a fab job of mixing different elements together with wonderful results.
hugs
Glenda

Erika said...

Loving your choice of cards from 2012, here's to sharing lots of crafty fun in 2013 together, with hugs Erika.

Izzy Anderson said...

I can see why these are your favorites. Just lovely! I love all the texture.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your gorgeous cards no wonder they're your favourites.
Thank you for joining My Favourite Five of 2012
luv
Debby